Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chalk one up for the Hokey Pokey

So I know I have been completely MIA on here lately and while I am really sorry, I'm also not. Why? You ask? Because I am enjoying every millisecond of being home with our son.
Hudson changes so much day to day, even that I fear if I don't soak every bit in I'll never get it back. That being said, I HAD to share tonight's adventure...
He has been going through cluster feeding for the past day and a half. Screaming to let me know he is hungry...again. In between feedings? We sing. Pandora has a bunch of really awesome toddler and kids' radio stations and they play all the songs we sang with my mom as kids.
So this evening {literally 5 minutes ago} none of the songs were appeasing him and he had just eaten and gotten a clean diaper...we were quickly approaching defcom 5. And that's when it happened, the hokey pokey came on, I stood up...and let's be real...I put my right hand in and my right hand out, and I shook it all about, then I did the hokey pokey and I turned myself around and you know what happened as I finished my turn? Hudson smiled his biggest smile all day.
It's the little things, people. The dogs have no clue what's going on and I never thought I would do it as a grown adult...alone...in my living room...to entertain a baby but I did, and it felt great.
These moments...the stupid, silly, utterly embarrassing moments..well...those are the ones I'll never get back. So, ill continue to do the hokey pokey, and any other embarrassing song my son wishes because that smile...
It melts my heart!
Love to you all,
Hal
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment